Rumos Exam Centers: what to expect on exam day
13 May, 2022
Your exam day is coming up, are you starting to feel the pressure? To help reduce anxiety on exam day, we've put together some information about what to expect on the day, as well as some tips to help you do your best with the least amount of stress.
Before exam day
- A few days before the exam carefully read all the instructions you received about your exam to see if there is anything special you need to prepare. For example, some certification entities require 2 forms of identification (ID, passport, driver's license).
- Try to figure out how much time you will need and what transportation you will take to get there. If you're using your own transportation, find out where you can easily park for the duration of the exam (you may not be able to take breaks to feed the parking meter or access the parking app).
- Don't pull an all-nighter the night before, try to get a good night's sleep, and eat enough, to be alert and energetic.
On exam day
Plan to arrive at the exam center at least 30 minutes before your appointment time and consider travel time. Don't forget to bring your ID and other documents as specified in the appointment confirmation email.
Entering the Rumos Exam Center:
- Go to the reception and introduce yourself as an exam candidate, You will be asked to go to a waiting room where the Rumos exam proctor will meet you.
- The proctor will ask you for the necessary identification, confirm your appointment, and ask you to read and sign the exam rules as your agreement. You will also be asked to complete a check-in form. This is a good time to ask any questions you may have about the exam process.
- Your identification will then be verified, including comparing your signature to your ID. Depending on the exam, you may be asked to provide some biometric data such as a palm scan, digital signature, and/or photo. This information is used to prevent someone else from using your identity to take the exam. All personal data is securely transmitted to the certifying identity and stored with your exam results.
- You will be asked to leave your personal belongings in a locker. Items such as watches, wallets, cell phones, and other smart devices, among other personal belongings, are not allowed in the exam room. You will only have your ID card and the locker key with you during the exam.
- You will then be subjected to a visual inspection. You will be asked to lift your hair, tie, collar, or hood, and roll up your sleeves to check for electronic devices or other prohibited items. You will also be asked to show your pockets and run your hands along your waist and legs. If you wear eyeglasses, they will also be checked.
- This completes the admission process. You will be given a sheet of paper and a pen for taking notes (if allowed in your exam) and will be escorted to your workstation in the exam room.
During the exam:
- The exam room is monitored by the Rumos exam proctor, and it is audio and video recorded. Keep in mind that any misconduct may be grounds for cancellation of your exam.
- At a scheduled break (if included in the exam), or if you need to take an unscheduled break (if approved), simply raise your hand and the exam proctor will come to you.
- Don’t talk loudly or shout at the exam proctor: there are other people in the room taking their certification exams and they deserve not to be disturbed.
- When you have finished your exam, raise your hand, and the exam proctor will come to you and let you leave the room. All rough work papers and pens used during the examination must be handed in.
- Once you have your items back, your exam day is over.
Now it’s time to celebrate with your family and friends and don’t forget to announce your new certification to the rest of the world. Good luck!
Do you have any questions, or would you like to schedule an Exam? Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Would you like to get an IT certification?
Discover the Rumos Exam Centers